At Canady’s Termite & Pest Control, we offer reliable pest control solutions that will help you have a pest-free home in Fayetteville, North Carolina. While our ant control measures are excellent for ridding your home of ants and preventing their return, there are some ant control measures that you can take on your own that can be helpful in the war against ants. Here are some tips and advice for keeping ants out of your home:
- Maintain landscaping – Having your landscaping up against the house creates a bridge for ants to enter your home, so trim back shrubs and leave space between plants and your house.
- Don’t leave pet food out- Fido might appreciate having a ready supply of dog food left out to eat on demand, but that is an open invitation to ants.
- Resolve water issues- Standing water outside, overwatering your lawn, and water leaks inside all provide water sources that ants will be drawn to.
- Keep trash contained- It is best not to store any trash, including yard waste, too close to your home to avoid drawing ants to your home.
- Clean up food- It is best to clean up food and beverage spills promptly and don’t leave food out on the counter for long periods.
- Seal up the house- Look for any access points big enough for ants to get through and apply caulk and other sealants to block their entry.
- Call a pro at the first sign of trouble- The sooner you call for ant control services, the less likely you’ll end up with a full-blown ant infestation.